Home

How many miles do Pontiac's last

Pontiac Grand Prix Questions - What is the max milage that

1. If It has the 3.8L V-6, if maintained good probably 220,000-250,000 miles. If it has the 3.1L V-6, Only about 200,000 miles. 19 people found this helpful
  2. I have two of them: a 2.4 and a 3.5. I would say ~150k if you take care of them. Do a full tune up at 100k miles. 12 people found this helpful
  3. Most cars of today, and that includes the Pontiac, will run 300,000 miles if you maintain it. The engine will still hold up even after that, but it will be one repair after another. 4 people found this helpful
  4. Whereas many will make it to the 180,000/200,000 mile mark - after that they can be relied on solely to fail. Click on to see full reply Holding this in consideration, is a Pontiac Aztek a good automobile? Its obtained a lot of room inside, handles properly and rides nice and is de facto snug How many miles can a Pontiac Aztek last? Read More
  5. Okay I realize that is a very vague question and that there are a million things that factor in. I'm just looking for a rough idea how many miles one can expect to get out of a 2003 - 2006 Vibe (base model). I'm actively looking for one but having a hard time finding any with less than 100,000 in my price range

Pontiac G6 Questions - What is the average life (miles) on

1. But the vast majority of the 2.0 cars are running well into 100k miles and beyond with few issues. We have one car in our club that has clocked 160K miles and is going strong. They have water pump failures, and high pressure fuel pump failures but generally have proven to be very reliable. 1 - 9 of 9 Post
  2. Many cars will last a long time. If you change oil regularly and do not beat them to death. I can fix just about anything myself. I change my oil about every 6,000 miles. Works for me. I also have a couple of Camry's. Both have over 200,000 miles as well. When my cars get a lot of miles on them, I get then devalued at the county PVA office
  3. In my local shoppping center there is a lady who decorates cakes (known as the cake lady) who drives a 1980 Pontiac Bonneville with nearly 300,000 miles on it. Her husband maintains it well, but does not go to extraordinary lengths to do so. Every weekend they take it out on a long enough trip to thoroughly warm it up and blow out the.

According to the LTQI, the average mileage on a Prizm, as recorded at dealer trade-in, is a decent 136,402 miles (the industry average is 126,358 miles), and issues with the powertrain,.. Update: My 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT Coupe turned 300,000 miles on Sept. 11, 2017 & now today has over 305,000. I called Pontiac/GM to let them know I turned 300,000 miles & now it's in their records. Still original engine & transmission. I found the receipt from when I bought it Dec. 2003. It had 29,720 miles on it. Still purrs like a kitten Search for your car here to see how many miles are left remaining after the gas light turns on! NOTE: The results listed below are simply best-estimates at your remaining milage once your gas light has come on. Continually driving on too low of fuel can damage your fuel pump and should be avoided. Below is a series of tabulated results for. Oh I have 2004 Pontiac.just amazing.it fixed on its own everything works almost 180,000 miles and drives perfect.was shaking and rolling back. But now it gets me home every time. The heat works.ill have to say these cars are the best I driven out of the for cars I have 4 people found this helpful

Most cars of today, and that includes the Pontiac, will run 300,000 miles if you maintain it. The engine will still hold up even after that, but it will be one repair after another. 4 people found this helpful 27 Pontiac G6 owners reviewed the Pontiac G6 with a rating of 3.9 overall out of 5 for model years from 2005 to 201 Why you'd want to spend 300,000 miles in any car is a question for another day, but let's stick to the mechanical issue for now. RAY: What makes an engine wear out is how many times it turns. So all things being equal, an 8 cylinder engine should last longer than a 4 because the 8 will turn fewer times to go the same number of miles How many miles does a timing belt last - Answered by a verified Pontiac Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them

Pontiac Torrent Questions - whats the max mileage for a

97 bonneville ssei: 000 miles..runs fine..coolant loss around egr etc. i have a high-mileage 97 bonneville ssei L67 engine 220,000 miles owned since new runs fine, it's my 3rd bonneville with 3800 engine that I have taken over 200,000 miles I know about coolant loss arou read more. Jerry I have a 1988 Fiero with around 225,000 km on it that is still going strong. The general expectation these days is that drive lines should last about 200,000 miles if not abused, so your car will probably fall apart around the engine How many miles does a Pontiac Sunfire last? Although some people don't like the Sunfire , my experience was really good, I bought it used at 48,000 miles and the car lasted to over 200,000 miles . When the car was young it looked great ,had get up and go, and got great gas mileage Your Camaro should last 150,000 miles or more if you use it like a regular car and keep up with maintenance. However, many Camaros with proper maintenance and overall care can cover over 200,000 miles in their lifetime. Although, we advise that Camaros with that much mileage should not be used for sports or driven too hard It has over 137,000 miles. However after test driving the van, I found it to be in very good condition. To the point, if you were to cover up the milage indicator, and tell me to guess. I would say..

How many miles can a Pontiac Aztek last? - Dailio

2007-2009. The most common issues with Nissan Rogues from year models 2007-2010 is (drumroll please) the transmission! Whether from cooling problems or overall system failure, the CVT in Rogues tended to give out at around 90K-125K miles and would cost buyers anywhere from $2,000-$5,000 to fix. Avoid buying a 2007-2009 Rogue if you can help it Vibes are very stout cars. Many people have run them above 300k miles. I have 210k miles on my 06, and it's still running strong. My suggestion is not to worry about the mileage and check the condition of the car. Larry at Ammo NYC made up this sheet for a Porsche, but the bullet points are the same or similar no matter the brand

42 Posts. Discussion Starter · #1 · Feb 21, 2012. I was curious how many miles most of you have on your cars. When we were searching for our solstice (300 mile radius), the highest mileage car out of the 11 we found was 31k. Our solstice only has 26k which was the second highest we found, the rest all had 10k or less January 2014. @dooberguy said: I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe with 117,000 miles and I was wondering if anyone has been significantly higher than that. I am just curious how the car ages. I had one of its Predecessor's 96' Grand Am. 4 cyl 247,000 miles before giving it to my daughter (her hubby drove it another year before trading Nick has owned his vibe for over six years and 122,000 miles, and tells me the car is a secret in that most people don't realize just how versatile it is. And it's this little secret. Search for your car here to see how many miles are left remaining after the gas light turns on! NOTE: The results listed below are simply best-estimates at your remaining milage once your gas light has come on. Continually driving on too low of fuel can damage your fuel pump and should be avoided. Below is a series of tabulated results for. Pontiac styling seemed lost after that, unable to shift its identity from loud and proud. Up until then, this had been the noble line of Super Chiefs, Streamliners, Torpedoes and Tempests. So many memorable cars, which dated all the way back to the company's foggy origins in the early 20th century

How long does a Vibe last? - Community for Pontiac Vibe

Here are 25 cars guaranteed to last you over 250,000 miles with regular care and routine maintenance, letting you live that sweet car payment free life for many years. via lexus.com Lexus ES 35 seriously, how many miles do you think the mini will be good for. some cars (like my 87 pontiac firebird) went down the drain at 75,000. my (94 nissan altima) is still going strong at 110,000. and my saturn lasted 230,000 miles. i have never owned a european car before. should i be prepared to.. GMC Terrains are poorly made automobiles. They are manufactured in Mexico, and most of the components are very cheaply made. GMC also utilizes Planned Obsolescence to make you buy another car when it will break down. I would say you have 2 years.. The Solstice with the 2.4-liter engine gets about 19 miles per gallon in the city and 25 on the highway, averaging about 21 miles per gallon. The 2.0-liter turbocharged engine gets virtually the same gas mileage at 19 miles per gallon in the city and 28 miles per gallon on the highway At last count he's clocked over 2,900,000 miles on the Volvo 1800 S coupe he purchased back in 1966 and is aiming for a cool three million. If you've ever seen it, it looks like a museum piece.

The Pontiac Vibe is identical to the Toyota Matrix mechanically. Built in the same plant. My brother has had one, a Matrix, in the family for many years. One of the kids drives it now and it has over 200,000 rural miles on it without any major repairs other than brakes. They intend to drive it for many more miles yet since it is totally reliable Joined Jun 22, 2008. ·. 51 Posts. #12 · Jul 7, 2008. Next to nothing. 387 miles after the dealer swap and having it for a week. C Buyer interest has also fallen over the last 12 months, and while the drop was small, it was nevertheless the first drop in interest for these cars in the last five years. At least in the near term, they appear to be about as valuable as they're going to get. Hold: 1993-2002 Pontiac Firebird: 74: 1994 Pontiac Trans Am 25th Anniversary (Mecum How many miles have you guys gotten out of a single tank with the G6? What kind of driving was it, city/highway, what engine? So far with Hypermiling, the best I have gotten out of a tank with the 2.4, 4 speed with city driving in atlanta traffic was 497 miles For its last flight, Pontiac made sure to option-load the Trans Am for 2002. Many previously optional features such as a power antenna, door locks, mirrors and drivers side window with express-down feature all became standard fare, as did a steering cooler for all V8 birds

How many miles are too much

However, I do like the 7,500 mile oil changes and 100K mile tune-ups. And there is no doubt that tire life has been extended by many miles although the tires are not made by the auto manufacturers. GM could fix the tranny problems by going back to the TH-350 and TH-400 models. Those transmissions were pretty much bullet-proof under normal useage The Tundra is the brand's full-size hauler, with 2.9 percent of them on the road still running after posting better than 200,000 miles, and 0.2 percent at 300,000 or more miles. 10. Honda.

2005 Pontiac G6. I've owned this car for 7 years and never had a problem. At 115 000 miles Im just changing my shocks and struts for the first time. all I ever did was change the oil every 3,000 miles and change the breaks a couple of times. Completely happy with my car 2005 Pontiac Aztek Base. 19 MPG. EPA Combined City/Hwy. 17 City. 24 Highway. 2005 Pontiac Aztek Base. 18 MPG. EPA Combined City/Hwy. 16 City

Any guess-timations about how many miles a typical G6 will

The timing chain normally needs to be replaced between 40,000 and 100,000 miles unless there is a problem. Issues with the chain are pretty common in high mileage vehicles, so if you are driving an older vehicle, or one with a lot of miles, it is best to be on the lookout for symptoms of the timing chain going bad or failing Our van has 101,000 miles and DH is saying we need to start thinking of getting a new one. It is a 2000 Pontiac Montana. So far it is running fine and my thought is to just run it until it drops. He thinks we should replace it before it starts having problems. In the past he has used the.. Automotive Averages. In general, however, people don't really keep their cars forever. Research by R.L. Polk says that the average age of a modern vehicle is 11.4 years, while the average length of time drivers keep a new vehicle is 71.4 months — around 6 years. So even if you plan to own a car forever, the statistics are against you

Grey 2007 with around 80,xxx miles on it. Can't open top or trunk anymore. Dealer mechanic says it is the sensors and can't be fixed. Now it's just our 3rd car to drive when needed. Always keep hoping that someone will come up with what it is we need to fix. Sure do miss driving in the summer Do you frequently drive short distances or do you put more highway miles on your vehicle? On cars that make many short trips, the metal parts can corrode because the exhaust system doesn't get warm enough for water to evaporate. Condition of System Components; The exhaust system is a complex system made up of many parts and if any of the. Here is the short answer to how long Honda Odyssey lasts: If you keep up with regular maintenance and avoid beating it up, a new Honda Odyssey can last between 250,000 to 300,000 miles. In terms of years, your Honda Odyssey should be good for another 16-20 years on the road. This makes it one of the best minivans on the market Step 5. Determine the actual mileage of the vehicle by adding the current odometer reading to the appropriate rollover amount. For example, If the odometer reads 4,800 miles and the title history search suggests the vehicle had 70,000 miles reported from the previous owner, the actual mileage may be 104,800 miles

I wanted to ask does it last more if i toke good care of it and check usually does it affect to last more than 200,000 miles. Like (6) Nathon November 11, 2020 I have 200,000 on my Lancer that drives like it's brand new. I do not do any maintenance in fact I haven't change the oil in 40 to 50,000 miles Minivans are just large heavy cars. They are not trucks or special heavy duty vehicles. 200k on an engine is not impossible given a solid design and diligent maintenance, but I doubt that this is a design objective. Given their passenger car roots..

10000-15000 Miles Is Achievable with Extended Performance Oil. Several General Motors, Ford, and Toyota vehicles use formulas that are meant to last for at least 10,000 miles. Jaguar uses a special formula that is able to last for up to 15,000 miles, which is the current limit for any vehicle on the market 2001 Honda Civix LX - 5 speed standard - 291,000 miles. Replaced clutch at 200,000, rear brakes around 250,000. Still has original exhasut system. Other than a little rust by the rear passenger size wheel opening (thanks to an accident in my driveway when my wife backed our Odyssey into it), it is just fine How long does a wheel bearing last? Wheel bearings have an average lifespan of 136,000 to 160,000 km (approximately 85,000 to 100,000 miles). This is only a rule of thumb though, the actual lifespan of a wheel bearing depends on the quality of the wheel bearing and the operating conditions If the habits were good, the car is likey good. If bad, well you know. -1994 Caprice, ~202500 miles, runs great, and I feel is about half broken in. It should last to 300,000 without major engine problems, which is fairly common for police and taxi's of the same make. Gary_T February 19, 2009, 5:52am #12 Now 4.2 miles later, computer mpg is 33.8, range 381 mi. If that range is based on that mpg, the tank capacity calculates to 11.3 gal. which is a conservative understatement. I didn't note the range shown before driving off unfortunately. Prior to fueling, the range was 74 miles

Pontiac life span - Maintenance/Repairs - Car Talk Communit

21K Miles £18,500 PONTIAC 1989 TRANS AM FIREBIRD This is a genuine 21k original mile car that was sold new to a friend of mine in 1989 by the importer here in the UK. It is a the last 14 years, but I recently put it through an M. O. T which it only had an advisory on the two front tyres. The engine was replaced by the previous owne Classics on Autotrader has listings for new and used Pontiac Bonneville Classics for sale near you. See prices, photos and find dealers near you 1973 Pontiac Grandville 86,500 miles - $15,000 (Glendale) 1973 Pontiac Grandville 86,500 miles. -. $15,000. (Glendale) 1973 Pontiac Grandville 455 cubic inch V8 4 barrel carb 400 Trans. Kept 100% original, including dash radio! Extremely well maintained. Stored 47 Wisconsin winters

6 Cars You Can Drive (Almost) Foreve

Once word of this last call got out, the buyers went into a frenzy. Pontiac sold no fewer than 288,430 Grand Prixs in the 1977 model year, blowing past the record of 228,091 that had been set only the year before, and far exceeding the division's ambitious expectations. It was word of mouth through dealers and whatever, and once the word of. Hello r/pontiac I'm looking at buying a car in the next month and was wondering from g8 owners what the think, a black on black g8 GT is basically my dream car but i'v got a few problems.. ALL of the ones close to my $14k price limit are over 85k miles, and even then most are listed around $15k. ALL of them are over 100+ miles from where I live so I can't just drop in and check it out and test. The 2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP was just another addition to Pontiac's ever-increasing fleet of more potent, muscular versions of sporty family cars. For a brand that had always strived to maintain the status of GM's rightful division, the rear-wheel-drive 2004 Bonneville was the latest creation to bring this very smooth and sporty styling. You need to build vehicles that last longer than then the batteries do!! What good is a million mile or 100,000 mile battery when the rest of the vehicle wears out after 36,000 miles!

Pontiac Grand Am Questions - how many miles can you put on

The 3,000-mile oil change rule is outdated. Most cars can go many more miles between oil changes, but the recommended number depends on your car and how you drive. Here's how to find out how. Yes, but- the Pontiac's clutch has a decidedly springy feel and a distinctly heavy action. It's not exactly truck-like, but those who look at this machine and think girl car will change their mind after driving it a dozen miles or so. Still, loping along with just a trace of suspension travel, you'd swear you were in a much larger. In Pontiac circles, the 1965 GTO is held in quiet reverence, because many enthusiasts consider it to be the best-looking GTO ever built. With its sharply styled lines, stacked headlamps and just the right ratio of front/rear overhang that lends the body its aggressive proportions, it's no wonder Pontiac's A-body has earned such a lofty reputation Answer. user91328 on June 09, 2010. change your timing belt and water pump now, keep your maintenance up and you should get another 100,000. Roy. Sign in to reply. 2CUSMILE on March 08, 2021. We have a 2001 VW bug new and it has 33,7648 miles. It has been a damn good car

Many non-commercial vehicles (both auto and truck) have exceeded one million miles. For instance, in 2011, Irv Gordon had accumulated 2.9 million miles in his 1966 Volvo P1800. In 2006, a 1995 Dodge Ram was reported to Chrysler as having gone 1 million miles Now Tesloop's very first Model S, a 90D which they dubbed eHawk, has surpassed 400,000 miles (643,737 km) - enough to make it the Tesla with the highest reported mileage in the world. The. I bought an '08 Pontiac G6 GT w/ 47,042 miles in Aug. '09 I love my car. At that time, CPO didn't include the maintenance program like it does now, but I have never had any issues w/ my G6 Owners of vehicles that have reached 200,000, 400,000 and even 500,000 miles all seem to have pet strategies to extend the lives of their cars

2. Pontiac Laurentian. GM of Canada sought to differentiate its Pontiac lineup starting in the 1950s, perhaps in response to a similar effort from Ford.But it didn't create a standalone brand. Hello, if you only do normal maintenance such as changing the oil and air filter on time, how long do you think the G6 is built to last? Because for some reason I am driving over 1,000 miles per month, which is weird since it doesn't seem like I am driving that much. I hope that it lasts at least 150,000 miles before tearing up like my last car

Search for your car here to see how many miles are left

That tech did no harm in having you change oil at 7,500 miles. You guys buy a 60 grand car and then want to squeek as many miles out of an oil change that you can to save a buck. My 05 vette gets driven 5,000 miles a year and oil is plenty black and nasty and dic says 60% oil life left. Screw that, it gets changed Pontiac (/ ˈ p ɒ n (t) i æ k / POHN-tee-ack) is a city in and the county seat of Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 59,515.A northern suburb of Metro Detroit, Pontiac is about 20 miles (32.2 km) northwest of Detroit.. Founded in 1818, Pontiac is notably the second European-American organized settlement in Michigan in close.

Pontiac Sunfire Questions - how long does engine last

How many miles does a 2009 Pontiac G6 last — view detailed ga

Step 3: Select the model of your vehicle. --- SELECT THE MODEL --- SLR 1-TON TRUCK 2WD 100 100 quattro 100 quattro Wagon 100 Wagon 1000 164 18 I 18I 4DR WAGON 2.2 18I SPORTWAGON 190 190 D 2.2/190 E 2.3 190D2.5 190D2.5 TURBO 190E 2.3 190E 2.3 MERC BENZ 190E 2.6 190E MERCEDES BENZ 190E2.3 190E2.3-16 190E2.6 1990 MERC BENZ 300 SL 1FAS 410 1TON. Tested: 2004 Pontiac GTO Deserves the Show to Match its Go. From the Archive: Pontiac's new Australian-sourced GTO brings lusty, affordable performance while disguised as a phone-company fleet car. But just like with internal combustion engines, we do have expectations. For example, we would expect a Toyota Corolla engine to last at least 150,000 miles. Some fail sooner, many go much longer. Given their track record, we now expect Prius batteries to last at least 150,000 to 200,000 miles. We hope yours lasts even longer. Many do How Long Does Transmission Service Take? Most vehicle manufacturers recommend a transmission service for manual transmissions every 30,000 - 60,000 miles and for heavy-duty use up to every 15,000 miles. The typical service intervals for automatic transmissions range between 60,000 - 100,000 miles

In 1966, Pontiac gave the nameplate the respect it deserved and spun the vehicle off as its own separate model. This year would be a big year in many ways for the midsize Pontiac muscle car. First of all, Pontiac would sell nearly 100,000 total units in 1966, the best-selling year in the history of the GTO model Updated: June 2019. It used to be that a car approaching 100,000 miles was likely getting to the end of its life, but it's becoming more common for cars to still be on the road with much higher mileage, says Money — adding that cars today are simply made better than they were even a decade ago. In 1995, a car's lifespan was typically around 8 years, but this increased to 11 years by 2016. How many miles to the gallon does a 1994 Pontiac grand am get? It depends on the engine. On my 94 Grand am with 3.1 V6 I get about 19 miles to the gallon in town and 25 miles to the gallon on the. Like New With 37K Miles: 1977 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. While 1977 ushered in GM's newly downsized B body cars, it also ushered out the A body cars like the Malibu, LeMans, Cutlass, Century, Grand Prix, and the Monte Carlo like this 1977 example. It is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, and available here on eBay for a current bid of. Pontiac Vibe MPG. 822 Pontiac Vibes have provided 21.4 million miles of real world fuel economy & MPG data. Click here to view all the Pontiac Vibes currently participating in our fuel tracking program. Any Engine Type 1.8L L4 GAS (497) 2.4L L4 GAS (78) GAS (5) H2 GAS (2) L4 GAS (213) Any Body Style Wagon (243) Hatchback (30) Sport Utility (1.

Oil Burning. Ford's 6.2-liter V8 engine could begin to burn off some oil after you cross 100,000 miles on the truck's odometer. However, that tends to only occur when owners stretch service. Most newer cars do away with the traditional dial-shaped fuel gauge in favour of a digital readout. These are supposed to give drivers a more accurate representation of exactly how far they can go before running out by displaying the approximate number of miles you can travel until empty 2009 Pontiac G6 Overview. The 2009 Pontiac G6 is a good used midsize car if you want something that looks good driving down the road. Available in sedan, coupe and hardtop convertible body styles, auto critics agreed that when it was new, the G6 looked sleeker and sportier than many of its rivals